25/07/2011

Storm in the Sun

Fort William seems to be in summer mode for the past few days, I have been drowning myself in sun cream and still managing to get a good Scot's tan. I was working today at Outward Bound and spent the day Canoeing and Gorge Walking.
I finished at five which was more than enough time to drive up the Glen and get a quick route done. Craig and I headed up to Cavalry Crack Buttress to have a shot on the direct finish  to The Storm (E1 5b*).
Craig on the Second pitch
The last pitch was brilliant and horrible all at the same time. You find yourself in a slanting crack with nothing for your feet where you want it and to commit to the crux moves a little faith is needed. The holds aren't found until after you're out there but they soon appear.
I'm heading back down to Wales next week and hopefully will find sometime to squeeze some climbing in between working there and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment