20/07/2010

Wet in Wales

After I had finished my work experience I was about to go home ten Dan offered a free trip down to Wales so I can have a practice for my Mountain Leader in a place I have never been before.
On Saturday the weather wasn't great but it brightened up later in the day. After a long day of following bearings and pacing to lots of little lines on the map I reached the summit of Carnedd Llwelyn. Then I decided to call it a day and set up camp. This led to me discovering that my phone had fallen out my rucksack. So instead of setting up camp for the night I decided to head out and look for it.
After giving up the search, I had a comfortable nights sleep to be woke by the rain and wind lashing off the side of my tent. A quick breakfast then I was off again it only took ten minutes before my boots started to squelch so I called it a day and headed back to Capel Curig.

Tryfan and Glyder Fach
My camp for the night
Llyn Cowlyd Reservoir
When I met up wth Dan he told me my phone had been found and would be returned soon. So thankyou very much to the kind people that found it and posted it back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment