30/03/2012

Dumbarton Rock

Guy and I headed south because we are going to be spending a few days in Glasgow. Before we got there we stopped off at Dumbarton Rock, neither of us had been there before so we didn't know what to expect. Guy warmed up on an E1 called Longbow, which was a brilliant crack climb with some great moves. I was up next and I went for the HVS called Windjammer, my head wasn't in the right place. So I decided not to try anything stupid it would be a very bad idea for me to get injured at the moment, Guy took my place instead.
To stay safe we got on the sport routes after putting the clips in Guy made a clean lead of Persistence of Vision (7a+). I linked all the moves but will need to come back to do it clean.

The great overhanging head wall at Dumbarton

I wouldn't agree with this young persons opinion

Guy on persistence of vision

No comments:

Post a Comment