26/05/2013

Fun in the Sun

Last night I was phoning round desperately trying to find a climbing partner. The weather was going to be stunning and the midges are still not out yet so I was desperate not to miss the opportunity to get on the rock.
Eventually Neil got back to me and we planned to head into the Glen. We started off 'Sues climb' (HVS 5b*) on the River Walls, the first pitch was really dirty and covered in green slime. However the second pitch had plenty of good clean rock and come interesting moves to top out on.
After this we headed over to Gorge Crag so I could have a look at 'Plague of Blazes' (E2 5b***). I have been wanting to climb this for a long time but it is wet on the driest of days. So finding it on a dry day is pretty difficult. I was glad to get on it because it was one of the better climbs I have ever done. It keeps coming and had loads of interest all the way up the route.
Unfortunately my camera isn't working very well so I didn't get any pictures of the route or the amazing weather we had in the fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment