08/05/2013

Sunglasses and Sun Cream!

After looking out the window this morning I was rather unmotivated to get out. Everything was still wet from the night before and I couldn't get any paddling partners. By the afternoon a heatwave had moved over the Fort and everything was dry.

Luckily I got response from Craig so we headed down the Glen for hot rock. We started on Promises (Hard Severe 4b**) to warm up, then I climbed Rubber Face (E1 5b**) which could do with some more traffic.
Craig on Secretaries Direct (Severe)
On Twitch (E1 5b)
We kept heading up the way toward Secretaries Buttress for Craig to do the first pitch of Secretaries Direct (Severe***) and for me to do Twitch (E1 5b*).

A great days cragging and all was going well until I was walking back to the car when I slipped and noticed that I wasn't going to have a soft landing. So whilst falling down the side of the hill I managed to inform Craig that 'this was going to hurt'. Luckily wasn't as bad as it could have been but I do have a nice bruise on my knee for my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment