15/05/2009

My first post

Me in Norway
The Sun setting on top of The Buchaille
The Seam, The Cairngorms.
Most of my experiences in a kayak.
My first trip to Skye.
My first E1 (E1 5b left hand crack, Kingussie).
Aonagh Eagach ridge.
The Hammer, Etive Slabs.

Welcome to my new blog. I thought my first post should contain a very small back catalogue of my favourite photographs, a wee bit about myself and how I got into the outdoors.
My name is Graham Boistelle, I live in Dundee with four girls, including my girlfriend of five years Anne Mcvey. Currently I am working as an instructor at A Vertical World Climbing wall.
I have been going into the hills since I was wee, I remember my first the first hill I climbed was Tinto Hill. Not long after this heroic ascent my Dad took me to Glencoe, to do the Aonagh Eagach ridge, after this I was hooked. My apprenticeship started with my dad taking me up scrambles all over Glencoe, trips to the french alps and out in the snow. This eventually introduced me to rock climbing.
I moved to Kinlochleven to work for the Ice Factor Shop. This is where i met a bundle of great like-minded people including Guy, Ed, Jamie, Al and Henry. These chaps introduced and taught me how to rock and ice climb.
After my stint at the Ice Factor I made a hard decision to leave and go to college to do a Certificate in Outdoor Adventure Leadership Education. I met another great bunch of people and learned how to Kayak, Canoe, and Ski. I am now nearly finished an HNC in Sports coaching with the Development of Sport and have been accepted onto the second year of a degree course in Adventure Tourism Management at Lochaber College in Fort William.
This Blog will follow my progress from now on. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment