28/06/2009

Lake District - Borrowdale

This was the first day of my week in the lakedistrict, this was following an invite from my mate Guy. The idea is to spend a week in the lakes and a week in Wales. This was my first day back on trad for a while and it is nice to know I can still climb.


We had a great start to our trip we visited black crag and climbed some quality routes. We warmed up on Mortician (HVS 5a***), whilst watching a climber take a nice whip off an E3 dislocating his shoulder. We then had a go on Raindrop (E1 5b***) this was a great climb for me because I didn't have to do the crux!
We moved onto shepherds buttress when the rain threatened us and I took my time getting up M.G.C. (E2 5c**). This was another great climb with some pokey moves.


The rain aproaching from Derwent water.

Guy on the second pitch of Mortician (HVS 5a ***) Black Crag

Guy on the last belay of Raindrop (E1 5b***) Black Crag

No comments:

Post a Comment